Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Things the Peril would like to hear Sarah Palin say in her convention speech

Actually, it's not that I think she should (from a standpoint of charity or political strategy) say them, just that I think it would be hilarious if she did.

"I think the Democrats should stop worrying about what we're going to do if John McCain dies and Sarah Palin has to run the country, and instead they should start worrying about what they're going to do if Joe Biden dies and Barack Obama has to run the country."

"You know, I said something to John about how one Democrat after another compared Obama to Lincoln. And John told me, 'Sarah, I knew Abraham Lincoln…[pause for laughter and cheers from the cooperative home-team crowd]…and Barack Obama is no Abraham Lincoln. [wait for gleeful roars to die down] By the way, I think it's important to say that I borrowed that line from Lloyd Bentsen -- I wouldn't want Joe Biden to accuse me of plagiarism."

No comments: